CONFIGURING SOCIAL PROFILES
Users can configure their Social Profile with information about themselves and profile pictures. Administrators can add fields to be displayed and configured in a user's social profile.
To configure your Social Profile, users must be assigned a security role with the following permissions:
- All Entities, User (system), Edit: Private
- Other Settings, Social Collaboration: Enabled
- Social Collaboration must be enabled on the portal
TO CONFIGURE YOUR SOCIAL PROFILE:
- Go to the My Profile Tab.
- Click Edit Profile and then complete the fields provided.
- In the Privacy Setting dropdown list, select a setting. If you want all of your Social Profile information to display to other users, select Public. If you want to only display your Alias, Title, and About Me to other users, select Private. Private accounts will not appear in the Peoples Tab and all posts you share will be made under your alias. Other users will still be able to follow you in their feeds.
Note*: Other users will be able to search for both your name or alias in private messaging.
- Click Save Changes.
- If you want to add or change your profile picture:
- Hover over the Profile Picture pane and then click the camera symbol.
- Click Choose a Photo, select a profile picture, and then click Open.
- Crop your photo to create a thumbnail image by dragging and resizing the selection.
- Click Save.
- If you want to add or change your cover picture, on the top left of the Cover Picture pane, click the camera icon, and then click Upload Photo. Select a cover photo and then click Open.
Note: The default size for the Cover Picture pane is 1200px wide by 280px high, so we recommend you first ensure your image is within these dimensions before uploading. If you find your image does not fit within the pane correctly, you may need to adjust your image size to fit accordingly.
TO ADD FIELDS TO SOCIAL PROFILES:
Administrators can add additional fields to be viewed and configured on users’ social profiles. To do so, follow these steps.
- Under the People tab, navigate to a user’s home page.
- Click on their About tab.
- Click on the gear button. To change community user social profile layouts, click Community User Profile Layout. To change employee user social profile layouts, click Employee User Profile Layout.
*Note: Editing one of these profile layouts will apply to all users of that type.
- Select the additional fields to be displayed on the social profile and reorder them using the arrows. Employee users will display User fields and community users will display Contact fields.
- When the fields have been configured, click Save.
Note: Adding fields such as "Phone Number" and "Email" to the Social Profile can allow users to be reached directly from the portal using these channels if proper external plug-ins are installed.
Return to Social Collaboration Checklist
<< Using Social Collaboration with Documents Library Files