CONFIGURING THE IDEAS MODULE
Configure the Ideas module to set how the Ideas Tab handles and displays idea posts.
To configure the Ideas module, users must be assigned a security role with the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO CONFIGURE IDEAS:
- In the Ideas Tab, click the gear button and then select Settings.
- Enter a number value in the following fields:
- Idea Edit Period
The number of minutes a user has to edit an idea post before it is locked. After the Idea Edit Period expires, only portal administrators can edit an idea post.
- Idea to Retrieve
The number of idea posts that can appear on an Ideas Tab page at a time. The Ideas module loads idea posts according to this value.
- Idea Vote Weight
The points an idea post gains or loses when it is voted on.
- Number of Related Ideas to Display
The number of related ideas that appear when entering a title for an idea post. Related ideas are shown to prevent repeated idea posts.
- Vote Decay Amount
The number of points an idea post loses after the period specified in Vote Decay Rate. If you do not want idea posts to decay, set this value to 0.
- Vote Decay Rate
The number of days before an idea post loses the points specified in Vote Decay Amount. If you do not want idea posts to decay, set this value to 0.
- If you want the Idea Review Status to be visible to all users, check Show Idea Status.
- If you want to allow users to share the idea post on social media platforms, check Social Sharing.
- If you want to set a Home Page Message for the Ideas Tab, enter a message in the editor.
- Configure the email notifications:
- Internal Notification Email Recipients: In the search field, search for a user and select them or type an email address and click Add. An email template will not be used to send the email.
Search and select email templates for notification settings:
- User Notification Email Template for Comments: Notification for idea owner when a comment is posted.
- User Notification Email Template for Votes: Notification for idea owner when an idea is voted upon.
- User Notification Email Template for Review Status Updates: Notification for users that upvote an idea when its review status is changed.
- Idea Owner Notification Email Template for Review Status Updates: Notification for idea owner when an idea's review status is changed.
Magentrix comes available with standard email templates. See the table below:
Magentrix Standard Email Templates
|Setting||Standard Email Template|
|User Notification Email Template for Comments||"Idea New Comment Email for User"|
|User Notification Email Template for Votes||"Idea Vote Email for User"|
|User Notification Email Template for Review Status Updates||"Idea Review Status Updates Email for Voters"|
|Idea Owner Notification Email Template for Review Status Updates||"Idea Review Status Updates Email for Idea Owner"|
- Click Save.
Return to Ideas Checklist
<< Managing the Ideas Module