SHARING ARTICLE TYPES
Administrators can set which users can view, comment, contribute, edit, and publish posts within that article type. These security settings ensure the right people have access to browse and contribute within an article type. Administrators can also set an article type to public on the web which will allow users to view specific content without signing in. This feature allows administrators to promote certain kinds of posts publicly while keeping internal company information confidential.
By default, Article Types are Private: Only the owner can access the Article Type, Administrators must share the Article Type to allow users to access Articles.
To share article types, users must have the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO SHARE ARTICLE TYPES:
- In the Setup Home page, click Create > Articles.
- Select the Article Type you want to set the sharing settings.
- On the top right of the screen, click Actions and then click Share.
- If the Article Type sharing has not been previously configured it will show as “private”. Click the Edit icon beside it.
- Select one of the following options - This will grant read/comment access to the article type only.
- Public on the Web: Anyone on the Internet can find and access. No sign-in required.
- All Users: All employee or community users can access the Article Type.
- All Internal Users: Anyone at your company can find and access. (*Only read/comment access)
- Specific People: Specified users can access the Article Type.
If you select Specific People, define which users can access the Article Type by searching by name, role or group in the lookup bar.
- Click Done.
- In the field provided, add any users, user groups, or security roles that you would like to configure authoring options.
For each user, user group, or security role, toggle which level of permission you want to set through the dropdown beside the name/role:
- View: Users are only able to view posts within the Article Type.
- Comment: Users are able to view and comment on posts within the Article Type.
- Contribute: Users are able to write and publish posts in the Article Type and are unable to edit others’ posts.
- Publish: Users are able to write, edit other's posts, and publish posts in the Article Type.
- Click Done.
Return to Articles Checklist
<< Managing Article Types | Creating Posts >>