ENABLING SHARING FILTERS
Sharing filters are a security measure that allow you to restrict which Entity records users with specified security roles can view. The security role specified in Sharing Filters will not have read or edit access to the entity. Optional filters and advanced filter logic additionally restrict specific field values. For more information on setting filters, see Filters and Filter Logic.
To enable sharing filters for Entities, users must be assigned a security role with the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO ENABLE SHARING FILTERS:
- In the Setup Home page:
- If you are enabling sharing filters for Magentrix Entities, click Create > Entities.
- If you are enabling sharing filters for Salesforce Objects, click Extend > Salesforce.
- Search for and click the Entity for which you want to enable sharing filters.
- Click the Sharing Filters tab.
- Click New.
- In the Role field, select the security role for which you want to enable sharing filters.
- In the Specify Optional Filters section, configure filters according to Filter Logic.
- If you want to add more than one filter, click Add Filter and then configure the filter.
- In the Filter Logic field, enter filter logic for the sharing filter.
- Click Save.
<< Configuring Validation Rules