CREATING AND MANAGING FEED/MESSAGE TASKS FOR AUTOMATIONS
Administrators can add Feed/Message Tasks to Automation triggers. A Feed/Message Task is used to either automatically post a message on a record or Group, or directly message a user on private messaging.
To create, add, and manage feed/message tasks to automations, users must be assigned a security role with the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO CREATE AND MANAGE FEED/MESSAGE TASKS FOR AUTOMATIONS:
- In the Setup Home page, click Create > Automations.
- Click the automation for which you want to add or edit a Feed/Message Task.
- In the Automation Tasks section:
- If you want to create a new task, click New, then select New Feed/Message, and then click Next.
- If you want to edit an existing task, click on it.
- Complete the provided fields:
- Name: Enter a name for the Task.
- Sequence: Enter a number to order in which the Task is performed during the Automation.
- Description: Enter an optional description of the Task.
- In the Sender field, select the user that will send the message. Ensure that the user is active and has access to the feed's record, Group, or other user.
- Select the Message Type that will be sent.
- If you have selected Post on the Record, select the message visibility.
If you have selected Post in a Group, select the target Group.
If you have selected Direct Message, select the recipient.
- In the Message field, compose the message that will be sent to the record, Group, or other user. You may attach files to the message.
- Click Save.
<< Creating and Managing Follow Tasks for Automations | Creating and Managing Activity Tasks for Automations >>