Administrators and publishers can create, edit, or delete Posts. They can also configure Version Control settings and approve, deny, or revise posts before they are published. Administrators have additional access to moderate comments and monitor post activity, while Publishers can only edit and publish posts.
To manage posts, users must be assigned one of the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
- Article Type Publisher Access
TO MANAGE POSTS:
As a Publisher: Navigate to the Article Type tab containing the post you want to manage.
- To Edit the Post:
- Click the Post Subject you wish to edit.
- Make the desired changes and then click Save.
*Note: See Creating Posts for descriptions of the editable fields in a Post.
- To Delete the Post:
- Click the Post Subject you wish to delete then on the upper right corner of the screen, click the garbage can icon.
As an Administrator: In the Setup Home page, click Create > Articles. Click the Article Type containing the posts you want to manage.
- To Edit a Post:
- Click the Post Subject you want to edit.
- Make the desired changes. See Creating Posts for descriptions of the editable fields in a Post.
- Click Save.
- To Move a Post:
- Beside the Post you want to move, click the arrow under the Actions column.
- Click Move To.
- Select the Article Type you want to move the Post to and then click Move.
*Note: The moved post will lose all categories and tags that are not found in the targeted article type.
- To Delete a Post:
- Beside the Post you want to delete, click the arrow under the Actions column.
- Click Delete. If you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click OK.
TO USE REVISION HISTORY:
If Version Control is enabled for the article type of your post, administrators can view, delete, or revert back to an older version of the post. Older versions of the post will have the status of Archived and the current version of the post will have a Published status.
After your post has been published:
- In the Post editor make any necessary changes to the content or settings of the post and click Save. This will create a new version of your post as a draft.
- Depending on your settings you can either publish this version or submit for approval.
- In the Revision History tab you can browse(view), delete or revert to draft of the previous versions of your post.
- Revert to draft creates a copy of the archived version as a new version. The current version is then archived.
- Post versions will be numbered according to their submission history in a box beside their name - V1, V2, etc.
- Changing the subject of your post while in draft will update the permalink link of the published post. The user will receive a warning of permalink update to avoid link breakage.
- If you want to withdraw access to a post, reverting to a draft will remove it from display regardless of the version.
For more information on enabling Version Control, see Creating Article Types.
Return to Articles Checklist
<< Creating Anchors In A Post | Article Lists >>