CONFIGURING SECURITY SETTINGS
Security Settings configures portal encryption and user password requirements.
To configure Security Settings, users must be assigned a security role with the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO CONFIGURE SECURITY SETTINGS:
- In the Setup Home page, click Manage > Company Preferences.
- Click Edit.
- Select the Security Settings tab. Configure the following fields and then click Save.
This section configures general security for your portal.
- Use Secure Connection (SSL): If you want browsers to always use SSL when viewing your portal, check this option. Note that if you are using your own URL, you need to contact Magentrix Technical Support in order to configure your SSL Certificate. See Obtaining an SSL Certificate.
- Session Timeout: Select a time period for session timeouts. After the selected time period has passed, an inactive user is logged out from their session.
- Enable Maintenance Mode: If you want to enable Maintenance Mode for the portal, check this option. Enabling this option terminates all user sessions and sets the site to Maintenance Mode. While in Maintenance Mode, only administrators are able to log in.
- Under Maintenance Message: Enter a brief message that is displayed to users during Maintenance Mode.
This section configures two-factor authentication settings for your portal. For more information on two-factor authentication, see Enabling and Configuring Two-Factor Authentication for Your Portal.
Single Sign-On Settings
This section configures settings for SAML and SSO login from third party websites. For more information on SAML, see Enabling and Configuring SAML for Your Portal.
This section configures user passwords and logins.
This section specifies the email templates used when user accounts are created, when passwords are reset by administrators, and when users request a password reset. For more information regarding email templates, see About Email Templates.
- New User Template: Select an email template that is sent to new users when their account is created.
- Reset Password Template: Select an email template that is sent to users when their password is reset by administrators.
- Forgot Password Template: Select an email template that is sent to users when they request a password reset after forgetting their password.
<< Configuring System Settings | Configuring Members Settings >>