CHANGING AND RESETTING PASSWORDS
Administrators can change user passwords or send users an email prompting a password change. Users can change their own user password as well.
To change and reset passwords, users must be assigned a security role with following permissions:
- All users can change their own password
- To change another user's password: Administrator System Role
TO CHANGE OR RESET YOUR OWN PASSWORD:
While logged in:
- In the My Settings page, click the Change Password tab.
- Complete the fields provided. Ensure that you have securely recorded your new password and security question answer.
- Click Save.
If you have forgotten your password:
- In the portal login page, click Forgot your password?
- Enter your username or email and then click Submit.
- In your email client, open the email sent from the portal site.
- In the window that opens, answer the security question for your account and then click Continue.
- Enter a new password and then click Submit.
TO CHANGE OR RESET ANOTHER USER'S PASSWORD:
- In the Setup Home page, click Security > Manage Users.
- Click the user for which you want to change or reset a password.
- Choose one of the following options:
- To enter a password for the user, click More Actions > Change Password. Enter a password for the user and then click Save.
- To send the user an email prompt to change their password, click More Actions > Reset Password.
<< Configuring User Accounts | Mass Creating Users with CSV Files >>