CONFIGURING USER ACCOUNTS
Administrators can configure user accounts to change their username and security role, to include contact information, to associate the account with a Contact, to assign a manager, or to specify their locale settings.
To configure user accounts other than their own, users must be assigned a security role with the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO CONFIGURE USER ACCOUNTS:
- Navigate to the user account page:
- If you are an administrator, navigate to the Setup Home page and then click Security > Manage Users. Click the user you want to configure and then click Edit.
- If you are configuring your own user account, navigate to the My Settings page and then click Personal Information.
- In the User Information pane (**Note: If you are using internal-only accounts, you need to edit through the Contacts pane), configure the following fields:
- First Name and Last Name: Enter the user's name.
- Role: Select a security role for this user. See About Magentrix Security Roles for more information.
- Active: Check this option if you want the user account to be active.
- Title: Enter the user's title (Miss, Ms., Mrs., Mr., etc.)
- Alias: Enter a name that appears on the user's Social Profile if their Social Profile is private.
- Email: Enter the user's email address. This email will receive messages and notifications sent to this user account.
- Username: Enter a name that the user will use to log in to the portal.
- Phone and Mobile Phone: Enter the user's phone numbers.
- Agreed with Terms & Conditions: This option becomes checked when the user accepts the portal Terms & Conditions during registration.
- Account: Select an external user account to associate with this user. External user accounts exist outside of the Magentrix platform (e.g. Salesforce user accounts).
- Manager: Enter the user’s manager name or click the magnifying glass icon to search for a Manager. For more information on Managers, see About Manager Hierarchy for Internal Security.
- Contact: Select a Contact record to associate with this user.
- Country: Enter the country of the user's address.
- Street: Enter the street name of the user's address.
- Postal Code: Enter the postal code of the user's address.
- Organization Name: Enter the name of the user's organization.
- In the Locale Settings pane, configure the following fields:
- Language: Select the user's portal language. This field determines the portal language for the user.
- Currency: Select the user's currency.
- Locale: Select the user's locale. This field specifies the region's formatting for time, date, and numerals.
- Timezone: Select the user's timezone.
- Click Save.
<< Creating and Enabling Users | Changing and Resetting User Passwords >>