CREATING ARTICLE TYPES
Administrators can create new or edit existing Article Types. Article Types allow the grouping of long-form text documents. Article Types can be configured to allow information security, comments, sharing on social networks, or require user login to read. Creating Article Types allows administrators to customize how groups of posts are viewed and interacted with by users. You can use article types to separate posts by topics for ease of access. E.g. Knowledge, Blog, Press etc.
To create and edit Article Types, users must have the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO CREATE ARTICLE TYPES:
- In the Setup Home page, click Create > Articles.
- Select the Articles Tab, then click New.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the Article Type. (e.g. Internal Knowledge)
- The Path field sets the URL of your Article Type. You can enter a unique value.
*NOTE: Changing a path value after Posts are published will break all links containing the original path value.
- Select which Article List the Article Type will be grouped into.
- In the Language dropdown, select the language of the article type.
- Enter a brief description of the type of posts
- Select the Status of the Article Type. If you want other users to see and interact with this Article Type, select Active. If you want to keep the Article Type private, select Inactive.
*NOTE: If an active article type is changed to inactive it will no longer be searchable by users.
- Configure the following field:
- Click Save.
<< See the Articles Checklist | Managing Article Types >>