SETTING UP MODULES
By default, some modules are not enabled or configured on Magentrix portals. Users must set up the module by adding the module Tab to an App and configuring security role permissions for the module. Once the module is set up, portal users can select the App and then click the module Tab to access the module.
Note*: User and security role permissions may be configured within a module.
To set up modules, users must be assigned a security role with the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO ADD MODULE TABS TO AN APP:
- In the Setup Home page, click Create > Apps.
- Click the App to which you want to add the module.
- In the Tabs section, add the module Tab by selecting it and clicking the right arrow button.
- If the App has several Tabs, check Display 'More' Tab to allow users to access all Tabs.
- Click Save.
TO CONFIGURE MODULE SECURITY ROLES:
- In the Setup Home page, click Security > Security Roles.
- Click the security role you want to configure.
- Click Edit.
- Select the All Entities tab and then configure the Read, Create, Edit, and Delete permissions you want to give this security role. See the Requirements section of individual module pages for the permissions necessary to perform specific actions.
- Select the Tab Settings tab and then select On for the module Tab.
- Select the App Settings tab and then check Visible for the App with the module Tab. If you want this App to be the security role's default App, check Default.
- Click Save & Close.
TO CONFIGURE MODULES FOR ADMINISTRATORS:
The Administrator System Role cannot be modified through the Security Roles configuration page. Administrators automatically have access to all Apps and Entities, but Tabs may need to be configured through the Tabs configuration page.
- In the Setup Home page, click Create > Tabs.
- Click Tab Assignments.
- In the Role dropdown menu, select Administrator.
- Search for the Tabs you want to enable and set them to Default On or Default Off.
- Click Save.
<< About Magentrix Modules | About the MDF Module >>