CONFIGURING ENTITY VALIDATION RULES
Administrators can configure validation rules to ensure information entered into fields are correctly formatted. A validation rule contains a formula that the entered information is tested against. If the formula results with a 'true' value, a validation error message will appear.
To create validation rules, users must have the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO CREATE OR CONFIGURE A VALIDATION RULE FOR AN ENTITY:
- In the Setup Home page, click Create > Entities.
- Click the Entity for which you want to add or configure a validation rule.
- Select the Validation tab.
- If you want to create a validation rule, click New.
If you want to configure a validation rule, click the validation rule and then click Edit.
- Configure the following fields:
- Name: Enter a name for the validation rule.
- Entity: Select the Entity for which you want to add the validation rule.
- Active: Check the box to activate the validation rule.
- Description: This field is optional. Add a description of the validation rule.
- Condition Formula: Enter the validation rule formula. See Functions.
- Error Message: Enter the error message that will be displayed when there is a validation error.
- Field: Select the field for which you want to add a validation rule.
- Click Save.
<< Enabling Field Search for Entities | Enabling Sharing Filters for Entities >>