CREATING AND MANAGING FOLLOW TASKS FOR AUTOMATIONS
Administrators can add Follow Tasks to Automations. A Follow Task automatically subscribes select users or security roles to an entity's feed. Users will be sent a notification for events and activities on the selected entity.
To create and add follow tasks to automations, users must be assigned a security role with the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO CREATE AND MANAGE FOLLOW TASKS FOR AUTOMATIONS:
- In the Setup Home page, click Create > Automations.
- Click the automation for which you want to add or edit a Follow Task.
- In the Automation Tasks section:
- If you want to create a new task, click New, then select New Follow, and then click Next.
- If you want to edit an existing task, click on the task.
- Complete the provided fields:
- Name: Enter a name for the Follow Task.
- Sequence: Enter a number to order in which the Task is performed during the Automation.
- Description: Enter an optional description of the Follow Task.
- Click Add Follower, then select a Follower type, and then click Next.
- If you have selected User or Role, search for the follower and then click Add.
If you have selected Formula, enter your formula using fomula logic and then click Add.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 to add additional followers.
- Click Save.
A maximum of 50 followers per record can be created within this task. Also this task will not run for bulk operations with more than 200 records in one transaction.
<< Creating and Managing Group Member Tasks for Automations | Creating and Managing Feed/Message Tasks for Automations >>