CREATING AND MANAGING ACTIVITY TASKS FOR AUTOMATIONS
Administrators can add Activity Tasks to Automation triggers. This automation task creates an activity task for which you can assign a user to complete.
To create, add, and manage activity tasks for automations, users must be assigned a security role with the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO CREATE AND MANAGE ACTIVITY TASKS FOR AUTOMATIONS:
- In the Setup Home page, click Create > Automations.
- Click the automation for which you want to add or edit an Activity Task.
- In the Automation Tasks section:
- If you want to create a new task, click New, then select New Activity Task, and then click Next.
- If you want to edit an existing task, click on it.
- Complete the provided fields:
- Name: Enter a name for the Task.
- Sequence: Enter a number to order in which the Task is performed during the Automation.
- Description: Enter an optional description of the Task.
- Configure the following Activity Task information:
- Assigned To: Select the user that will be assigned the activity task.
- Subject: Enter or select the activity task subject.
- Due Date: Configure the due date of the activity task.
- Status: Select the status of the activity task when it is assigned.
- Priority: Select the priority of the activity task.
- Comments: Enter an optional comment.
- Click Save.
<< Creating and Managing Feed/Message Tasks for Automations