ABOUT THE HELP MODULE
The Help Module is used in the Magentrix portal to provide users with help documentation in-context. The Help Module is fully integrated and is accessible to users by an inline button. The button redirects users to a specific help article pertaining to the page the user was on previously. Articles can be created within the module and organized by categories or by order.
Users must have Help (system): Read and Help Category (system): Read permissions to see the inline button and access the help module.
To create and edit help module articles, users must be assigned a security role with the following permissions:
- All Entities, Help (system): Read, Create, Edit, Delete
- All Entities, Help Category (system): Read, Create, Edit, Delete
TO CREATE OR EDIT A HELP ARTICLE:
- Navigate to the page for which you want to open an article upon clicking the Help inline button.
- Click the Help inline button.
- If there is no article, click Add Article.
If there is an existing article, click Edit.
Note*: Once an article is linked to a page, it cannot be linked to another page nor unlinked. You can only delete the article.
- In the Title field, enter an article title.
- In the Category field, search and select the category for where the article will be located.
- In the Content rich-text editor, enter the article contents.
- In the Weight field, enter a number to indicate its order placing within the category.
- Click Save.
TO EDIT THE HELP MODULE HOME PAGE:
- Navigate to the help module home page.
- Click the Gear button.
- Make your changes in the rich-text editor.
- Click Save.
<< About the MDF Module