All portal users and visitors are assigned a security role to determine viewing permissions. For users that are signed in, they will use their assigned security role. Users that are not signed in will use the Guest security role. Administrators can use the Guest security role to configure public access to pages.
To make a page public, follow these instructions:
- Login as an Administrator.
- Navigate to Setup > Security > Security Roles.
- Select Guest User and then click Edit.
- If the page you want to make public is in a tab, click the Tabs tab. Next to the Tab you want public, in the drop-down box select On.
- If the page you want to make public is an active page, click the Active page/classes tab. In the Active Pages list, select the page you want to make public and move it to the right column.
- If the active page has a Controller, in the Active Classes list, select the class and move it to the right column.
- Click Save.