The Magentrix package for Salesforce installs new components and attributes. For some features to be enabled, you will need to manually make changes in your Salesforce instance.
Magentrix Portal User Options for Salesforce
Magentrix Portal User Options for Salesforce allows your employees to manage the portal users within Magentrix. Salesforce contacts can be granted access to Magentrix as portal users by assigning them a role. Existing users’ access to the portal can be deactivated, their password reset and their role changed as well as their access reactivated (to be re-invited to the portal).
- This feature requires the Salesforce Lightning Experience
- This feature is not supported in the Salesforce Professional Edition
- Please contact the Magentrix support team so that they can enable this feature by installing the [PS Official] - Manage User in Salesforce package in Magentrix.
- You must ensure that the Community Role picklist (MagentrixOne__CommunityRole_mgtrx__c) has all of its picklist values matching the Customer/Partner type Security Roles in Magentrix.
Salesforce Configuration Steps
Salesforce administrators must register and authorize Magentrix as a remote site. Follow these steps to authorize Magentrix:
- In Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Remote Site Settings.
- Click New Remote Site.
- Configure the fields:
- Remote Site Name: Enter the name of your Magentrix instance
- Remote Site URL: Enter your Magentrix instance URL e.g. "https://example.magentrixcloud.com"
- Active: Ensure the checkbox is enabled
- Click Save.
Note: If your portal has multiple active URLs, all of them may need to be added to the above configuration if using the internal URL results in an error with this feature.
Salesforce administrators must configure the Magentrix Community Settings to access & set Magentrix user information.
- In Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Custom Settings.
- Select Magentrix Community Settings and then click Manage.
- Create a Default Organization Level Value by clicking New. If there is an existing Default Organization Level Value, click Edit.
- Configure the fields:
- Location: This field is not required
- API Password: The password of the Magentrix User
- API Username: The username of the Magentrix User
- Article Types: You can leave this field blank
- Community URL: The URL of the Magentrix instance "e.g. https://example.magentrixcloud.com/"
- Migration Mode: Keep this option unchecked
- Click Save.
Follow these steps to add the Magentrix Portal Options lightning component to the contact page layout:
- In Salesforce, on the contact record page navigate to the “Edit Page”.
- On the “Components” section on the left-hand side, search for “Magentrix” and add the “MagentrixPortalOptions” custom component to your page layout.
- Optionally, you may add the “Last Login Date” field to the contact page layout for additional information.
In the event, if the above settings are set up incorrectly, and the lightning component cannot function, Salesforce users will see the below error.
- Ensure that the Custom Settings are set up correctly and the user referenced in the settings is an Administrator with the correct credentials to log in to Magentrix.
- Ensure that the user profile(s) accessing the lightning component have access to all MagentrixOne classes
- Ensure that the Community Role picklist (MagentrixOne__CommunityRole_mgtrx__c) has all of its picklist values matching the Customer/Partner type Security Roles in Magentrix.
- Confirm that the [PS Official] - Manage User in Salesforce package has been installed in Magentrix (the AutoUserEnablement trigger is present in the Magentrix IDE).