When refreshing an object, the custom labels and help text applied to the fields in Salesforce or Dynamics are not also updated automatically in Magentrix.
The reason for this is that when importing an object from Salesforce or Dynamics into Magentrix, any custom labels and help text configured are also imported but they can be customized.
You may wish to set the value in the portal independently of Salesforce or Dynamics, as well as other apps they may be integrated with.
Magentrix allows you to do this by setting the values independently in the portal without changing the values in Salesforce or Dynamics. Further refreshing of the object does not clear your custom values as a result.
As an example, let’s edit the label for the Account field on the Contact object. To edit a field’s label and help text:
- In the Setup Home page:
- If you are using the Magentrix native Contact entity, click Create > Entities.
- If you are using the Salesforce Contact object, click Extend > Salesforce.
- If you are using the Dynamics Contact entity, click Extend > Dynamics CRM.
- Search for and click the Contact entity/object to open it.
- Under the Fields tab, click the label for Account to open that field and click Edit.
- Edit the ‘Label’ field to set the desired label, and the ‘Inline Text’ textbox to set the desired help text.
- Click Save.