Magentrix will be upgrading its security to allow control of user traffic to external links. All links that redirect users outside of the Magentrix portal will display a warning message. Users can choose to proceed with navigating to the link or return back to the portal.
Administrators can configure a whitelist of trusted domains and URLs. User navigation will not be interrupted when they are redirected to links that are included in the whitelist.
In order to maintain a smooth browsing experience for your users, it is advised to whitelist trusted URLs for links that redirect users outside of the portal.
The release with the platform changes will be deployed to client production sites in mid-June.
What does this mean for clients?
Users will receive a warning message when they are redirected to a link outside of the portal.
Here are external links that may be impacted:
- Bookmark links in the document library and playbook assets leading out to external web pages
- Links in content libraries (Articles, Wikis, FAQs, etc.) leading out to external web pages
- Tab links that redirect users out of the portal
Advised action for clients
Administrators and content editors should check for links that redirect users outside of the portal. Administrators should add the trusted URLs to the whitelist in the setup menu. Content editors should contact administrators to make these changes on their behalf.
Please see the below instructions to whitelist URLs:
- Login to the portal as an administrator.
- Navigate to Setup > Security > Whitelisted URLs.
- Click New.
- Enter the URL that you would like to whitelist. If you would like to whitelist a domain, enter in the following format: "*.domain.com".
- Click Save.
- Repeat the above steps for all your desired URLs.
Where do I go for more information?
For additional questions, please contact our support team.