CREATING AND MANAGING EMAIL TASKS FOR AUTOMATIONS
Administrators can add Email Tasks to Automations. When triggered, an email generated from an email template will be sent.
To create and add email tasks to automations, users must be assigned a security role with the following permissions:
- Administrator System Role
TO ADD EMAIL TASKS TO AUTOMATIONS:
- In the Setup Home page, click Create > Automations.
- Click the Automation for which you want to add or edit an Email Task.
- In the Automation Tasks section:
- If you want to create a new task, click New, then select New Email Alert, and then click Next.
- If you want to edit an existing task, click on the task.
- Complete the provided fields:
- Name: Enter a name for the Email Task.
- Sequence: Enter a number to order in which the Task is performed during the Automation.
- Reply-To Address: Enter an email address that recipients of this template can reply to.
- In the Email Recipients section, click Add Recipient.
- Select a Recipient Type, select an Email Property (i.e. recipient appears on To, Cc, or Bcc), and then click Next. In the next prompt, select a user or security role, enter an email address, or define a formula. Then, click Add.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to add additional recipients.
- Click Save.
Each task sends only one email to all addresses in the Email Property, instead of individual emails to all addresses. To prevent your contacts from being visible in your email, remember to add recipients under the BCC Email Property.
<< Creating Automations | Creating and Managing Group Member Tasks for Automations >>